This post contains affiliate links. The Frazzled may earn a commission if you purchase any items through these links at no cost to you.
- Country Creek Seeds Alfalfa Sprouts
- Sprouting Jar Lids and Stands or Regency Naturals Cheesecloth
- 32 oz. Ball Wide-Mouth Mason Jars
High in antioxidants—including Vitamins C and K—alfalfa sprouts are a delicious, crunchy addition to any sandwich or salad.
- 32 oz. Wide-Mouth Mason Jar or Sprouting Jar
- Screened Lid or Cheesecloth
- 2 tbsp alfalfa seeds
- 1 cup water
- Add 2 tbsp alfalfa seeds to the Mason or sprouting jar.
- Pour in one cup water, cover with screened lid, and soak for 8 to 12 hours in cool, dry spot (keep out of direct sun).
- Drain water (you can save for a nutritious broth) and gently shake jar to distribute seeds around inside of jar, Leave draining at an angle so seeds aren't saturated.
- Rinse the sprouting seeds thoroughly both morning and night and gently shake jar to distribute sprouting seeds around inside of jar. Leave draining at an angle so seeds aren't saturated. Repeat for five days or until seeds have fully sprouted.
- When seeds have fully sprouted, leave them in the sun for one to three hours to develop chlorophyll, which gives them a rich, green color.
- Spread out and store on a clean paper towel in the refrigerator. Eat within two to three days.