What’s Cooking: The Perfect Roast Beef
This post contains affiliate links. The Frazzled may earn a commission if you purchase any items through these links at no cost to you.
- Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- McCormick Culinary Onion Powder
- McCormick Culinary Garlic Powder
- McCormick Culinary Thyme Leaves
- McCormick Parsley Flakes
- McCormick Culinary Coarse Grind Black Pepper
- Morton Coarse Kosher Salt
- Chicago Petite Roast Pan with Rack
- Solimo Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
The Perfect Roast Beef
Crispy and perfectly seasoned on the outside, juicy and tender on the inside. At only 20 minutes per pound, this roast beef is difficult to mess up!
- Roasting Pan with Rack
- Aluminum Foil
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 lbs eye round roast
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly brush olive oil on to all sides of the roast.
- Combine all the spices and herbs to make a dry rub for the roast, then rub evenly over the entire roast.
- Place the roast on top of a rack in a foil-lined roasting pan.
- Roast the beef, uncovered, at 20 minutes for each pound of meat.
- Remove the roast from the oven, cover lightly with foil, and let rest for 20 minutes before slicing.
- Use the roasting pan juices to make a delicious gravy,